Our Photography group at Hobson’s Bay Men’s Shed is open to all enthusiast photographers and beginners who would like to:
- spend some time on a Thursday between 9am and 2pm or part thereof with like - minded people with the similar interest and hobby
- meet up with fellow enthusiast photographers
- explore Melbourne and surrounds from a photographic aspect
- practice your photography skills and creativity
- develop and practice your software editing skills
- be part of a highly motivated group who part take in the sharing of knowledge
- most important, to enjoy yourself
We are not a techie group. We are not experts. We enjoy what we do and take satisfaction from learning and helping each other out.
It's not about having the latest Mirrorless or DSLR Camera, or the size of your lens but about the joy, interest and passion of photography, spending time with other photographers, learning from each other.
Organised photoshoots are frequent, one per fortnight is the norm, and members are encouraged to put forward suggestions (at any time). We endeavour to keep our outings free.
Thursday mornings at the Shed, between 10am and 12noon are used for editing skills and discussions. Please bring a laptop with your editing software, if you don’t have one, a loan laptop is available for use within the shed.
12noon – 1pm we stop for a $5 lunch, or bring your own. Tea and Coffee supplied.
1pm - 2pm we have a show and tell, to give and receive feedback. Our photos represent a great opportunity for learning. For example: lighting, technique and composition.
Why not drop in.